Order of Battle…..
ORDER OF BATTLE…
1. Mark your calendar for the May 17, 2005, meeting of the Roundtable: 6:30 p.m., Monroe County History Center, 6th and Washington Streets, Bloomington. Program by John Crosby, “Antietam and the Emancipation Proclamation.” (Members are encouraged to read about the battle of Antietam and the Emancipation Proclamation prior to the May meeting, as a little preparation will no doubt enhance discussion). A short business meeting will precede program. Dues ($15 per annum) will be accepted.
2. Great appreciation is extended to Bill Overlease and his wife for an interesting and touching April program — an overview of the War featuring slides, music of the era, and Bill’s commentary. For those who want a further “refresher overview” of the War, do see James McPherson’s Battle Cry of Freedom. Many of us feel that it is possibly the best condensed view of the War by an excellent historian and writer.
3. Many thanks to the membership for affirming the following Roundtable Officers, each to serve from May, 2005 to May, 2006:
President: Steve Rolfe Secretary: Mary Jane Blustein
Treasurer : Kevin Shiflet Program Chairperson: John Crosby
Web Site Manager: Rick Watson
4. A Bylaws Committee will be formed at the May meeting, so if you want to help write the
Roundtable’s bylaws, do volunteer. The committee will probably need to meet only a couple of times.
5. More information about June’s “field trip” — and sign up sheets — will be available at the May business meeting.
6. Congratulations to the winners of the April Quiz on Generals! Names and prizes announced at May meeting!
7. Special Thanks to the Monroe County History Center’s Director, Ms. Kari Price, and to its Board of Directors, for providing a home for our organization.
8. The Monroe County Civil War Roundtable is in its infancy. If you have comments or contributions that will help us grow, please contact Steve or Mary Jane. And if you know someone who would be interested in joining us, invite them to a meeting or give us their contact information and we will contact them.
9. Catherine’s Chocolate Cake — we tasted it! We loved it! Thank you so very much, Catherine! It was delicious!
10. May meeting’s Quiz: Want to write it? If so, email MJ by May 4 at firstname.lastname@example.org